Health Requirements for School Entry
The State of California requires all students to fulfill a number of health requirements before they can enter school. Parent(s)/Guardian(s) are advised to carefully check all of the below requirements to ensure their children's health records are compliant prior to school entry.
- Immunizations Required for School Entry
- Parents must provide their child’s Immunization Record as proof of immunization at the time of registration (See immunizations Tab)
- An acceptable "Immunization Record" must contain the following information:
- Name and birthdate of the student.
- Vaccine(s) type and date (month, day, year) given.
- Official document from the physician or agency administering the vaccine(s) must include one of the following:
- Physician Stamp
- Physician Signature
- Hospital/Clinic Letterhead
- Printout from Hospital/Clinic online medical record, with name of Hospital/Clinic identified
- California Immunization Registry (CAIR) printout
- Blue Card from another school
- Military Health Records
- For students that have immunizations that are not due yet, the school will contact parent(s)/guardian(s) to request that the necessary immunizations be completed, based on the California immunization schedule
- If your child hasn't received any/all required immunizations for medical reasons, a medical waiver from a licensed California physician (permanent or temporary) must be submitted. For medical waiver requirements, please see the Immunization Tab of the Health Services website..
- Tuberculosis (TB) Requirements for School Entry for students who have been out of the country/state.
- Students enrolling from out of the country/state are required to have their healthcare provider complete a TB Risk Assessment for School Entry form. The TB Risk Assessment for School Entry form must be completed by a United States licensed health professional.
- TB skin or blood testing is ONLY required if their healthcare provider identifies a risk factor for TB exposure on the TB Risk Assessment form.
- Health Examination for School Entry (CHDP Report) FIRST GRADE ONLY
- California law requires a health assessment 18 months before or up to 90 days after enrolling in first grade.
*If your child has a medical condition that we should be aware of please fill out a New Health Registration Form that can be located under Health Forms Tab.
If you have questions about health enrollment requirements, please contact (559) 646-2125.