District Oversight Bond Committee
Because the District elected to pursue a bond election under the provisions of Proposition 39, State law requires the District to establish a Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee appointed by the District's Board of Trustees. The Committee purposes are:
- To actively monitor all projects and expenditures approved by the voters.
- To provide proper oversight and accountability to ensure that Measure H funds are used as they were intended.
- To report to members of the community on the progress of Measure H
The Committee must consist of at least seven (7) members, 5 of whom must meet the following criteria:
- 1 member must be an active member of the business community
- 1 member must be active in a senior citizens' organization
- 1 member shall be active in a bona fide taxpayers' organization
- 1 member shall be the parent or guardian of a student enrolled in the District's schools
- 1 member shall be the parent or guardian of a student enrolled in the District's schools and active in a parent-teacher organization
No employee or officer of the District may serve on the Committee, nor may any vendor, contractor or consultant of the District serve on the Committee. (Education Code Section 15282)
Parlier Unified is currently seeking:
one (1) active member in a bona fide taxpayers organization
one (1) active member of the business community
Interested community members within the Parlier Unified School District boundaries are encouraged to apply. Click HERE for application.